Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bruce Springsteen - A Fearless Voice For Generations

By Dani Kelly

For as long as I can remember Bruce Springsteen has been an untouchable icon in music. Born in 1949, he was considered the voice of the American people with his groundbreaking heartland music when he was first making his way in music. He was a voice that the working class could relate to and had a face that people of every class looked up to. Nicknamed The Boss, Bruce Springsteen is as handsome and sharp today as ever.

It seems that for every career "peak" he reaches, there is yet still another level he manages to both find and climb. Over the years Bruce Springsteen has earned 19 Grammy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, an Academy Award, two Emmy Awards, and countless others. Bruce Springsteen has been inducted into multiple "Hall of Fame" institutions, has been voted Rolling Stone one of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. But none of Bruce Springsteen's accomplishments yet have matched one of his more recent honors. President Barack Obama awarded Bruce Springsteen with a Kennedy Center Honors Award, announcing to the crowd, "I'm the President, but he's The Boss."

Bruce Springsteen has rugged good looks and has sustained a status as a sex symbol that has been unbroken by the passing of time. He is as known for his appeal and his music as he is for his fearlessness in advocating a variety of political and social issues, such as his fights for gay marriage. Earlier in 2009 Bruce Springsteen played the half-time show at the Super Bowl XLIII. Millions of viewers across the nation were stunned by both his performance and how incredible he looked for a then fifty-nine year old. Bruce Springsteen has been touring with the E Street Band for as long as I can remember; first from 1972 until 1989, then again in 1995, and for the last decade they have been performing together without hiatus.

I can personally never get enough of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band, and I've seen tickets go for thousands of dollars on online forums such as Craigslist and eBay. The demand for his tickets has rarely been higher with last year turning out to have so many career milestones for The Boss. I remember when Springsteen ticket-goers (myself included) dealt with a canceled a concert in Kansas City last year after Springsteen's 36 year old cousin and assistant-tour manager was found dead in his hotel room from a heroin overdose. It was impossible to get tickets after that.

Hopefully though Springsteen's relentless dedication means that another tour will happen soon to make up for some of 2009's lost time. Given the competitive and cut throat nature of fans of The Boss, I always start my search for Bruce Springsteen tickets with Barry's Tickets Service. Once Bruce gets back on track with another tour, check out Barry's Ticket Service for great seats.

My name is Dani Kelly. I work in Web Development, online marketing, Social Networking, Social Media, SEO, and more. But first and foremost, I am a writer; a journalist. I love to review our Los Angeles teams and am impassioned about finding the next artist to make it in our highly-critical pool of music fans. Check out my articles and get the latest reviews on how our teams have been doing, are doing, will be doing, etc. Sometimes I play devils advocate, just to pose the questions. Sometimes I share with you my own, deeply personal view, and sometimes my work is entirely objective. Though the articles on there are mine, but my various writing styles will keep you guessing as to which ones. Have fun and I hope you enjoy some of my literary musings!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dani_Kelly
http://EzineArticles.com/?Bruce-Springsteen---A-Fearless-Voice-For-Generations&id=4181145

No comments:

Post a Comment