Saturday, August 15, 2009

Why Beatles Fans Would Want to Buy the New Beatles Remastered Mono & Stereo CD Box Sets

By Johnny Moon

Even if you already own all of The Beatles albums on CD (and I definitely do) I still think the new remastered Beatles CD box sets are a "must buy" for all true Beatles fanatics. I'll explain what makes each set (both the mono & the stereo) so essential below.

Why The Beatles Mono Box Set Is A "Must Buy"

To me this is the really obvious one. For one thing, it's being released as a limited edition (with only 10,000 copies made) so you'll want to get one now while they are still around. 10,000 copies doesn't seem like a whole lot with a band as huge as The Beatles.

But it's more than just the fact that it's a "limited edition." What really excites me is that this will be the first time that I get to hear The Beatles albums in their original mono mixes (I'm too young to have ever owned a turntable so I've only known the stereo CD versions released in 1987).

As you may know, John Lennon himself said that the mono version of Sgt. Pepper is actually far superior to the more well known stereo version. Now I'll get to find out for myself what he was talking about.

Why The Beatles Stereo Box Set Is A "Must Buy"

While I'm very curious to hear the mono box set, I do figure I'll end up listening to the stereo box set more often. I've listened to some of the samples of the new remastered versions and they sound amazing to my ears. There's new details in the music that I've never heard before. The clarity is astounding! I've heard many people say that the 1987 CD versions (the ones I've grown up on) were actually very poorly done and that the new remastered versions sound significantly better.

I love The Beatles enough that I want to hear their music in all of it's glory, so for me buying this box set is a no brainer. And I don't really think it's that expensive when you consider how much is in it. Every single song The Beatles released from 1962 through 1970 is included here.

Buy The Mono Box Set.

Buy The Stereo Box Set.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Johnny_Moon
http://EzineArticles.com/?Why-Beatles-Fans-Would-Want-to-Buy-the-New-Beatles-Remastered-Mono-and-Stereo-CD-Box-Sets&id=2721139

No comments:

Post a Comment