Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Beatles Remastered Stereo CD White Album Review

By Jackson Weinheimer

My Favorite Beatles Album

The Beatles self titled in 1968 double album that is most commonly known as The White Album has been my favorite Beatles album for a very long time and not just because it's the longest! I just think it's filled with absolutely brilliant songs and I love the variety of musical styles that it includes.

Remastered

Like many Beatles fans my age (I'm in my early 30s) I grew to love The Beatles based on the CD versions of their albums that were first released in 1987. These are the CD versions that people have been saying were vastly inferior to their vinyl counterparts. These are the CD versions that were finally improved upon with the new remastered versions that were released on September 9th.

So what's my point? My point is this was already my favorite Beatles album (actually my favorite album by anyone) so how much better could it get?

As it turns out, it could get a lot better even still! As people have said: "It's like seeing your favorite movie in high definition for the first time." I'm hearing things in the music that I never knew were even there. For all of the great layers in The Beatles music, there are now even more such layers revealed by the much higher sound quailty of the new remasters.

"Long Long Long"

The best example of how much better new remastered stereo version of The White Album sounds is "Long Long Long" (A George Harrison song on the second disc). Why? Because that was always a song that you had to kind of strain to properly hear on the old CD. Now it's revealed in it's full glory and while I've always liked the song, now I truly love it.

CLICK HERE to find out how you can Buy The Beatles Stereo Box right now.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jackson_Weinheimer
http://EzineArticles.com/?The-Beatles-Remastered-Stereo-CD-White-Album-Review&id=2910059

No comments:

Post a Comment